Edit Component Name -- New User

Hi all,

I am a new hire and just starting to get my feet wet. I am working through the docs/tutorial and figured I would post any questions that come up as I go along as someone who is completely new to the system. Please forgive me if this is trivial or is further explained in there docs, I thought it might be good for me to post the questions as they come as that is something a new user might do.

So for the question:

I created a new component and realized I spelled the name wrong. I am currently trying to find a way to rename the component, but I don’t see an obvious way to do so.

I can edit the type definition (ports and properties), and the implementation (including the implementation name) but I do not see a way to change the name of the component. Any assistance here would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Kyle

1 Like

Welcome to Discuss Kyle! Thanks for posting your question.

There are two ways to edit a Component name, but both are quite similar:

1. If you are in the Component Library you can select a Component. A fly out menu will appear where you can edit the Component type, etc. In this case, simply hover over the Component Name in the top left of the fly out and a “pencil edit icon” will appear. Click that and you’ll be able to edit the name.
  2. From the workspace the process is quite similar. The difference is that you click the meatball menu and select “Open New Tab” for the Component you wish to change. Once that new tab opens up, click on the “i icon” on the far left of the workspace. A fly out will appear where you can hover over the Component name to see the “pencil edit icon” and you’ll be able to edit there as well.

I hope this helps!

Fred

1 Like

Great question @kyle.strait, I had the same question myself.

Hey Fred, thanks for the info I do see how to edit the name now. My initial assumption was I would be able to edit it from the library in the workspace but I see where the right place is to make those changes.

Thanks!