Can I nest systems with Subcomponents?

Hi! I was designing a system in Tangram Pro and learning about Subcomponents. It got me thinking about nesting systems. Can I nest, and is there any recursive behavior?

Let’s say I have 2 Components:

• Component A
  • Component B

Using Component A, I create Implementation A and design a system in its Workspace. This system is made of Subcomponents and there are Workflows added to it as well.

Then, using Component B, I create Implementation B and design a new system. Within this system I add the Implementation from Component A, so that A becomes a Subcomponent of B. This system is also made of Subcomponents and has Workflows as well.

Is there any recursive behavior?.. If I export Component B’s Implementation do the AADL files include the subcomponents of the A Implementation? If I run workflows for B’s Implementation does it also run A’s workflows?

Thanks!

1 Like

If I export Component B’s Implementation do the AADL files include the subcomponents of the A Implementation?

Yes, the implementation of A in-use by B’s workspace will also be exported

If I run workflows for B’s Implementation does it also run A’s workflows?

Not by default, but you can choose to drag in a block representing A’s workflow into a workflow for B. You can’t connect it to other plugins like you could with a regular plugin task, but calling the workflow to have the generated artifacts available is possible.

2 Likes